Terms of Service
These terms govern your use of this server.
Usage of this server is subject to the guidelines set out in our About page. These guidelines are aimed at keeping the server friendly and inclusive, so any behaviour conflicting with this spirit can lead to action being taken against your account, even if it is not explicitly mentioned on the About page.
Potential sanctions include warnings (public or private), silencing (such that your account will no longer be visible in public timelines) and suspension (which will delete your account irrevocably).
Who operates this service?
Skrt is operated by:
Kumi Systems e.U.
Email: support [at] kumi.systems
Phone: +43 800 093004 / +1 657 999 5909 / +49 1573 5996778
Owner: Klaus-Uwe Mitterer
Nature and purpose of business: IT services
Trade authority: Magistrat der Stadt Graz
Register court: LG f. ZRS Graz
Registration number: 490780k
VAT ID: ATU73100306
Applicable laws: Gewerbeordnung (GewO), E-Commerce-Gesetz (ECG) – https://ris.bka.gv.at
WKO Membership: Wirtschaftskammer Steiermark, Unternehmensberatung, Buchhaltung und Informationstechnologie
What information do we collect?
- Basic account information: If you register on this server, you may be asked to enter a username, an e-mail address and a password. You may also enter additional profile information such as a display name and biography, and upload a profile picture and header image. The username, display name, biography, profile picture and header image are always listed publicly.
- Posts, following and other public information: The list of people you follow is listed publicly, the same is true for your followers. When you submit a message, the date and time is stored as well as the application you submitted the message from. Messages may contain media attachments, such as pictures and videos. Public and unlisted posts are available publicly. When you feature a post on your profile, that is also publicly available information. Your posts are delivered to your followers, in some cases it means they are delivered to different servers and copies are stored there. When you delete posts, this is likewise delivered to your followers. The action of reblogging or favouriting another post is always public.
- Direct and followers-only posts: All posts are stored and processed on the server. Followers-only posts are delivered to your followers and users who are mentioned in them, and direct posts are delivered only to users mentioned in them. In some cases it means they are delivered to different servers and copies are stored there. We make a good faith effort to limit the access to those posts only to authorized persons, but other servers may fail to do so. Therefore it's important to review servers your followers belong to. You may toggle an option to approve and reject new followers manually in the settings. Please keep in mind that the operators of the server and any receiving server may view such messages, and that recipients may screenshot, copy or otherwise re-share them. Do not share any dangerous information over Mastodon.
- IPs and other metadata: When you log in, we record the IP address you log in from, as well as the name of your browser application. All the logged in sessions are available for your review and revocation in the settings. The latest IP address used is stored for up to 12 months. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To provide the core functionality of Mastodon. You can only interact with other people's content and post your own content when you are logged in. For example, you may follow other people to view their combined posts in your own personalized home timeline.
- To aid moderation of the community, for example comparing your IP address with other known ones to determine ban evasion or other violations.
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications about other people interacting with your content or sending you messages, and to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Among other things, your browser session, as well as the traffic between your applications and the API, are secured with SSL, and your password is hashed using a strong one-way algorithm. You may enable two-factor authentication to further secure access to your account.
What is our data retention policy?
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server, in so far as such logs are kept, no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users no more than 12 months.
You can request and download an archive of your content, including your posts, media attachments, profile picture, and header image.
You may irreversibly delete your account at any time. If we consider you in breach of our terms of service, we may also irreversibly delete your account at any time.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Your public content may be downloaded by other servers in the network. Your public and followers-only posts are delivered to the servers where your followers reside, and direct messages are delivered to the servers of the recipients, in so far as those followers or recipients reside on a different server than this.
When you authorize an application to use your account, depending on the scope of permissions you approve, it may access your public profile information, your following list, your followers, your lists, all your posts, and your favourites. Applications can never access your e-mail address or password.
Site usage by children
If you are under the age of 16, per the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you need the consent of your legal guardian in order to use this site.
What rights do you have?
According to data protection law, you have certain rights regarding our use of your data. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies.
- You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to object to processing.
- You have the right to ask that we give you a copy of any data you have given us. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent and the processing is automated.
- If you think that we have processed your data in a way that conflicts with your rights, you can contact the responsible data protection authority. In Austria, this is the Datenschutzbehörde. Please contact us directly first, so we can try to find a solution.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated March 7, 2018.